The Olive Tree
COVID 19 Statement
It is the intention of The Olive Tree Trustees and Management to maintain services at The Olive Tree Centre, Crawley and the Information Hub, Horsham for as long as possible.
We would impress upon visitors to both sites the importance of adhering to the NHS guidelines on preventing the spread of the virus and too serve the use of sanitizing gels and hand washing
Please do not come to the Olive Tree if you are exhibiting even the vaguest symptoms.
if you consider yourself to be in any of the following vulnerable groups, we will leave the decision to you whether, or not, you attend the Centre:
· People having chemotherapy, or who have received chemotherapy in the last 3 months
· People having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
· People having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors
· People having intensive (radical) radiotherapy for lung cancer
· People who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immuno-suppression drugs
· People with some types of blood cancer which damage the immune system, even if they have not needed treatment (for example, chronic leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma).
Your clinician may advise people in these groups to minimise their risk of exposure to COVID-19 infection by avoiding crowded environments, limiting social interaction and maintaining careful hand hygiene.
Staff and volunteers will be available on the telephone if you need support and are self- isolating or do not wish to attend in person.
There is information on the Macmillan Website https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-information-and-support/get-help/physical-help/cancer-and-coronavirus