We know that we provide heaps and tons of support to all of our members, but we acknowledge we cannot always provide what support is needed. We have therefore decided to shine a spotlight on other charities or organisations that may be able to support our members in what can be a very difficult period. To that end this month we are shining our spotlight on Horsham Matters.
Horsham Matters is a Christian charity that aims to demonstrate love of our neighbour by relieving hardship through the provision of essential services (food, fuel and shelter) in order to make a positive, long-lasting impact on people’s lives throughout the district.
Horsham Matters provide the Horsham Foodbank, they are part of a national network of foodbanks, supported by The Trussell Trust. Foodbank sessions run at the following venues and times:
· Horsham United Reformed Church – Mondays 2-4pm from late February
· St Andrews Church Roffey – Tuesdays 10am-12noon
· Christian Life Centre Horsham – Wednesdays4-6pm
· Trinity Methodist Church Storrington—Thursdays 10am-12 noon
· Quaker Meeting House Horsham—Fridays 1-3pm
· Rural Henfield—delivery by arrangement
Contact us on 0300 1240204 for more information and to obtain a Foodbank voucher. Vouchers can also be obtained from Citizens Advice Bureau Horsham.
Horsham Matters may also be able to help individuals and families without children:
· If you need help to top up your gas/electric meter
· If you need essential furniture items
· If you need white goods
· If you would like to attend our Community Lunch which takes place on the first and third Thursday of the month – email: email@example.com
Where they are:
Address: Micah House, Blatchford Road, Horsham, RH12 5QR
Phone: 0300 124 0204
If you are a parent with children in need of any form of support, then please contact your local children and family centre, for Horsham it is: The Horsham Children and Family Centre, The Needles, Roffey and Southwater, Billingshurst, Pulborough and Little Footsteps in Storrington.